R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2006, 11:44 PM
Korey Harbke
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
Hey guys let's talk bodies for a second. I'm running two classes (19t and stock) at paved nats and bringing the following bodies. What is everyone's opinion on each and what class they are best for?

Protoform 12
Protoform 12b
Parma Speed 8
Speed 12 has the highest amouNT of downforce out of all of those bodies. I've generally liked it when the traction is a touch lower, or when running mod. Speed 8 is freakin dialed on carpet for stock and 19T, and is usually pretty good in mod too, but it has less downforce overall. It frees up the car a touch. The 12B is in the middle of the two.... probably a good all around body. If It were me, I always try to have a Speed 12 and a Speed 8 on hand.

Carpet knife setup on asphalt..... Go with CRC pro cut tires, pink compound in the rear, and purple up front. .020 front springs, 1 deg of camber, 10 deg fo reactive, caster shims on each side of the arm. For center spring... try a silver or blue center spring with 35wt oil and see how you like it. I run white side springs and use 7000wt oil in the tubes. Try the CRC white cap tube lube too. If you need more steering and the track is smooth go to a red center spring..... and try magenta front tires too. Maybe even put some 10,000wt or Blue tube lube in the damper tubes. Hope that helps you some.

-Korey