R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-2
Thread: Mugen MTX-2
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2001, 11:34 AM
Leet TC3
Tech Rookie

Manticore, I know you know better than this.

Sure, if you are racing in the A Mains at a NORRCA championship, where all the other drivers are team drivers, this may be true.

But you can't seriously mean to say that a good driver can avoid being hit. Frankly, that's just nonsense. Even good drivers can cause accidents. Even GREAT drivers make mistakes, every race in fact. If GREAT drivers make mistakes, how do you suppose the average driver does? And how do we avoid such drivers? It is impossible my friend.

If you really think you can race for any length of time and, using your driving skills alone, never get hit by another car, then I have some real estate I would love to sell you.

RC cars are no different from real cars on the road. You can't always read the mind of other drivers; you can only hope they are good, careful drivers who know what they are doing.

No matter what you do, you can't avoid someone who goes outside on a curve and then dives for the inside, or who booms down a stretch on the inside, can't stick the curve and goes slamming into the boards, taking with him any other car that happens to be nearby.