R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - what do you want from a battery company?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Tsquare
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I can tell you as a battery matcher that the "playing field" is NOT as lopsided as you think it is. The difference between my best stuff I see and the lowest stuff is not much!! Ive sold higher stuff than I use at National events!!

Reguardless you will NEVER see a rule that stats you can only use 1 manufactures battery....It will never happen. Racers and manufactures must have choices to choose from. Now once there are several differnt manufactures with Lipo's out and one is better than everyone elses then you will see all the manufactures go to that same source for their batteries (like IB's are now for instance). But you will never see a rule stating that you must only use this battery from this manufacture.... Do you know how high prices would be if that happend?

Remember years ago when Trinity had the exclusive on Sanyo cells? Remember how hard it was to find good cells and then how much more they were? You want those days again?

Lipo's are coming and coming fast...no doubt about that. But a lot of guys on here dont seem to know all the facts about them...Just what they have read in a magazine add or internet websites like this.

EA
In my personal experience and from what I have read through the years - my hope is that RC racing can achieve growth and greater balance in the areas of, cost, maintenance and a more organised form of competitive racing. I do not have confidence that the current overseer's of RC racing (Roar, IFMAR, etc) are capable of/or in a position to take RC racing to this next level. In reading the posts in this thread as well as other threads, many racers who are passionate about this sport are looking for answers and changes too.