R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Why should we be made to slow down?!
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 08:25 AM
JimSpencer
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Racingbod85
A SMALL drop in performance! 60mph max for the top professionals in electric and 60min for beginner 1/8th. i think the chances of hara throwing it into the grandstands are a bit smaller than a one of them ground missiles! i know which one id rather marshall all my local clubs are small and stock is the only option. in 10 years ive think ive only seen one car make the pit area at all of these and maybe a few 1/12ths (but who are they gonna hurt?). so there are more people about to get a scraped shin. i think the risks are a bit different.

your always gonna get the top guys going to buy brand new 4300 factory packs thats why! bye bye cheap no expense 4 cell! my 18month old twice weekly used 33's are dead.ive just forked out for some 38's to last another 18months - bring on lipo!

As I put if you could read it again, instead of reading what you think I've written..

There are more accidents with electric cars and people than with IC cars & people, probably because:-
a) Lots more people race electric.
b) You pay lots of attention when marshalling a 1/8 race..
c) You tend to get better safety measures at IC meetings as a rough rule of thumb.

But for whatever the reason, its a fact, and the seriousness of the accidents doesn't vary much either.
Oh and having seen the roll mast of a 1/12 circuit car pierce a mechanics eyelid you need a new track edge if cars are making the pits under any circumstances.

And the point re unsloldering a couple of cells was re "trying" things out..what on earth has that got to do with New 4.3's and top drivers.

And lastly Sosidge has hit the nail squarly on the head.
For my Nationals & a couple of Internationals (3rd this season, 2nd last year, 13th @ Euro's - So sharp end ish.) I run half a dozen packs of new cells a year (that's 24 cells at about $8-10 each, ish) I run my new ones in Mod, last years in stock, year before that to club racing.
(and the year before that are currently in a rechargable torch )
If its costing you more than half a dozen packs a year - to be sharp end of the field competetive - something is wrong somewhere.