R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Why should we be made to slow down?!
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 11:31 AM
MR JOLLY
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

i remember those day`s
guy`s with loadsa money went & brought the lath that can cut these motors & so people like me couldn`t afford such luxuries, so out came rebuidable stocks so i could carry on racing on the cheap , that was 15 years ago

now !!!

how about taking back the timing instead 24deg down to 5 or 10 or even 0

company`s & tuners still make a living
racers have slower motors yes/no ??
iof 4 cell come in ,uou bet a car maker will make a dedecated chassis for this thus more money
4 cell pks will go up in price aswell matchers will push even more on the voltage side
you could be paying £40 for a 4 cell world team matched pk & all that crap

also if this is for the beginners in stock that have there car now ,does this mean there pride & joy will be obusolete coz a very new beginner just brought the latest chassis/car designed for 4 cell racing

car side at the mo is very stable ,just reduce the timing on the 27t motors, every thing is hitched around 6 cell racing

unless power`s to be really want the 27t class to die in the UK on the national scene

also it has been said a 4 cell 12t is roughly same as 6 cell stock
is this with old design 12t motors by the way

once Br00d & DC get in this market i`m sure they will get a 12t mod/4 cell to go as fast as a 12t/6cell, once they messing with windings ,magnets,armature design

this will be like F1 governing body intervenes put on limatations , then manufacture`s go faster then before
do you really think motor winders will just sit there , they will do 4 cell powered mod`s that will go very fast indeedy,change the winding ,armature blanks to componsate for lack of volt`s

keep it as is just take back the timing on 27t