R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Have you worked out your Roll Center?
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 09:40 AM
Skiddins
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BJ
Ok kinda digging this thread up again as I have few more questions!!

roll centers and camber change, does changing the roll center effect camber change? I have my car on hudy gauges to see camber. On the right side I have 1mm under the inner ball stud of the camber link and on the left side i have 0mm underneath the ball stud. both sides are set to -2 degrees of camber.
Ok, now I push down on the front of car and both sides goes to -3 degrees, 1 degree of change on both side, no difference.
Now I push down on the right handside center of the chassis and push up the left hand side of the chassis (trying to get what happens when the car goes into a corner). The right gauge (outside wheel) goes to 0degrees and the left(inside wheel) goes to to -4 degrees. do the same but other way round and get the same results on the gauges just vice versa, again no difference.
So does this shimming only effect roll center? and not camber change?
Changing the roll centre's does effect camber change, but I think changing the camber links has a greater effect on this.

I also believe that how much effect these changes have will vary greatly from car to car.

Skiddins