R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 12:50 AM
bubbles
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nick b.
It’s to get the ride height lower. You can do that with the grey springs and the 1m lower retainers, that’s the perfect height. You can also leave the stock retainers and the collars on and put on the purples and that’s also the perfect height. In both situations, you might have to cut a little of the ball cup that hold the retainer to get it a little lower.

tamiya spring tension low to high
red
yellow
blue
white
grey
purple

ok i see you every day, why cant u just ask me. Do u not like me

lol geez how the hell am i your freind not only a freind but like my best freind
How come the first half of the post is capitalized correctly, but the lower half has only one capital? Where'd you copy the first half from? LOL

You missed a spring too... Sliver is in-between Yellow and Blue.

What I was more wondering, and should of asked this in the first place, is why use the long springs with no adjustability, when you could run the short springs and get the same ride height WITH adjustability? I mean, ONE specific ride height won't work the best, EVERYwhere you go. Why limit one of the few adjustable components of the car?

Basically, are Tamiya's short White springs the same rate as Tamiya's long White springs? Just different length's...? I think that's the case... Not 100% sure though.