R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Lipo
Thread: Platinum Lipo
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 10:05 PM
Tsquare
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Well, you can put a lipo pack in your car and leave it. All you need to do it top it off after a run so you dont need half a dozen packs.

The time may not be for right for Lipo in racing today but it will come.

Rick - ever think about putting 4 hard points at the corners of the Platinum pack so we could mount the battery with M3 Csk screws coming from the bottom of the chassis?
The idea of using one pack, leaving it in your car and topping off between races is a dream come true. That is exactly how I practice with my Lipo pack installed with my checkpoint motor or a novak brushless. I have no worries except keeping the car in one piece and on my driving line. When I am done for the day, I am truely done for the day. No discharging, no motor work. I cango in the house, open a cold one and turn on the game.

I can see the day when we look back on all the time and money we wasted on keeping our batteries and motors in condition and just laugh. You want this hobby to become more popular - Lipo's and brushless motors will be a step in the right direction. The sooner we get there, the better off we will all be. IMHO.