R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF415
Thread: Tamiya TRF415
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 07:43 AM
TRF415boy
Tech Master

Originally Posted by F. Alonso
Guys, I have a setup question for you guys. How would I be able to get more high speed steering without making the car steer too much in slower speeds?? I have got my car going basically how I would like it in some of the slower stuff at this particular track in question, but there is quite a bit of initial understeer (causing me to use the brakes a lot to begin rotating the car properly) as well as high speed understeer. A trait of the track is that it appears to have quite low forward traction, so when putting on the power, the rear end tends to wander and step out. To counter that I have got the car to be pretty good in the tight stuff, but not so great on the initial turn in particularly.

Has anyone got any particular suggestions that I could try? I still have to write my setup down, but basically I have:

F R
Oil: 40/40
Piston: 3/3
Springs: Yellow/Yellow
Sway Bars: None
Camber: 1/1
Caster: 4deg
Front Drive: Oneway
Center Drive: Oneway
1mm Antisquat
2deg rear toe
0deg front toe
Shock Angle: medium angle on front/fairly upright on the rear
Motor: DC Motorsports Modified
Droop: 5mm front/2mm rear
Tyres: CS27
Body: Mazda 6
I've heard that cutting the front foam bumper gives you more steering, could try that... Other than that, maybe you could try some anti dive at the front, I know on the 414M it gave very good initial turn in and high speed steering.