R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - nitro smokes electric?
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2002, 08:12 AM
NightKidZ
Tech Regular

Hi Lee,
I'm an electrical engineering undergrad. I did do some thermodynamic stuff in year 1.. last I recall, in terms of energy efficiency ( conversion of energy from fuel to locomotive energy), IC engines are not that great, abt 40%
I dun think using a rocket in a drag race is "in the spirit" of the competition hehehehe
I'm in Singapore, and the way things are run here... I wouldn't be too surprised if the authorities clam down on model engine emissions too hahahahaha It wouldn't matter then which "smokes" which then now would it?
Chill guys
Originally posted by lee82gx
Hey Nightkdz
can i bring a rocket powered rc to the drag race?
Actually Im well aware of the batt.vehicle thingy as im studying mech.engineering.Now why do i run electric cars when my fellow mechers would mock me?i think it's the way of the future.Electricty(flow of electrons) as source of energy is far more convenient than ANY form of energy.Talk about efficiency,electrics dont waste as much energy.If i were to pack the same amount of energy in a electric car and a nitro car,guess who wins?forget speed , racing was actually to promote/showcase manufacturer products.Now if HPI were only to produce electric cars and say kyosho only gas cars...then i bet they would make a race and bite each others' ass.