R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Las Vegas Grand Prix 2006
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 09:10 AM
rc_alan
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
This was probably the worst race weekend I have had. I have nobody to blame but myself. I changed fuels starting this race and had an awful time getting tune and runtime. I ran out of fuel in my first 4 quals and made a pitstop on the last qual which isn't much better than running out of gas.
Qualified 24th out of about 65 sedans. Then to continue on with screwing myself I didn't tighten my motor mount screws. I was in the bump spot in the C main when the motor moved and stripped 2nd gear. One lap later I stripped 1st gear. By that time we looked and found only two screws holding the engine mount to the car. Good thing was the body still looks new and the Parma now has a body to compete with all the others out there.
Just know, issues's like that will only happen once... Everybody has one of those day's in RC racing... Good thing about RC racing is that there will alway be another day... Good luck...

William P... I know you just put it down out there... Good to hear you're getting a better feel for the RRR...

Last but not least... Great Job Mike, Brian, Robbie and Team Mugen!!! Great racers and Great guys period!!! Even though they'll kick your @$$ on the track, there level of compition is always on the money... You'll have to be on your A game when they are in the race!!! All the SoCal drivers had a great showing...

RC_Alan