R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Why NO Top Shaft Tourers?
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 09:59 AM
Tsquare
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by housey
i dont think anyone can say shaft drive cars are no good, but from a theoretical point of view, belt drive cars have a clear balance advantage in low turn modified, clearly its all your own personal preference though.

iv still got my old SSG SD, and i loved the car, funnily enough i never had issues with torque steer. what i did have however was torque effect when i braked, i found it really hard to brake late and hard while keeping it in a straight line. as much as i loved the SSG, its all too obvious that iv done much better with my BD. i just happen to be one of the people that prefers belt drive cars when im using a 7
I agree with Housey, personal preference.

I too still have an old Yok SD CGM that I'll still race competivetly with in stock. I enjoy the way a shaftie drives, it feels more like a car with its quicker acceleration, maybe more challanging at times vs the newer belt cars, but that is one of the things I especially enjoy about it. IMHO, if I can win against some of the newer cars I feel I have done a nice share of driving.

But in the lower turn motors I too run a belt, I feel I am giving away to big of an advantage for my driving skill.