R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - V-ONE S Thread
Thread: V-ONE S Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2002, 11:08 PM
Brett
Tech Regular

Originally posted by V-One S
Thats an area of controversy, ill stick with my method, as my dad told me the same as i had posted.
Plus a few of the websites say tuned the low first, but some say top-end.

Its very controversial
its not an area of controversy, bottem line the main (top) needel lets the amount of fule into the carb as what u have set it as, u will noit get any more fule in the bottem end than what the top end needel is letting in.( u wouldn never need more fule in the bottem than the top end needel lets in )

u see the fule runs from the line and the amount is reduced buy the top end needel and then the bottem end reduces it even more becasue u dont need that much fule in the low end to run the engine at low rpms and u need more fule in the top to run it at greater rpms ( i know u need air to but it just goes in as u open the carb, the needels only let u play with the amount of fule that goes through the carb

and if u r privlidged enough like myself to have a midrange needel it just restricks the fule more than the top and less than the bottem (lets less fule in the midrange area than the top and lets more fule in the midrange than the bottem)

tuning is getting the right amount of fule going thought the carb at the right time when the carb is opened the specific amount and then giving u good results without being too lean

fun tuning