R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Differential Problems...
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 08:33 PM
Grizzbob
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JMan8108
Ok so i got my TC3 out yesterday and not to my surprise the same problem as last fall was still haunting it. My differentials get loose after a min or 2 of running to the point where it feels like i hardly have any torque. I am running a Novak 5800 in it. Maybe this motor is too powerful for stock diffs.??? What kind of part(s) would I get to fix this. Also my front diff was rebuilt just pry<5 runs ago. Thanx any help is appreciated
Stock, as in stock PLASTIC diff outdrives? If that's the case, then that's the problem right there. Just get a set of steel outdrives & you'll be good to go(the lightened ones for the TC4 should drop right in, & they work very nicely, I have a set of them myself). Those plastic outdrives tend to heat up alot when you put alot of power through them(like you're doing with a brushless motor, those outdrives even get stressed from a brushed 19 turn motor, & yours is more powerful than that), & as they do, they can loosen, the slots can spead(which has happened to me alot when I used the plastic ones) & they can even melt if you're not VERY careful(done that too, ). But the steel ones will hold their setting well, & best of all, they're practically BOMBPROOF, so you can install, set 'em & forget 'em....