R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 07:41 AM
Hollowman
Tech Adept

Hi Guys, Yeah the outdoor season has started again here in the not so sunny holland, cyclone rebuild all ready to go for the first practice day in the outdoor season and i was very very happy because i can pull the cyclone out of the closet again (i race 1:18 in the winter) and my gear was very upgraded i had a home-build grooved motor, peak 4200's, a new KO servo (2343FET Digital bla bla bla...).
I didn't had much time to set-up my car i did it pretty much in a rush .
I wanted to leave early but my dad is so slow , arriving on the track... it's full of nitro's and i am not very anti-nitro i just don't like it, never driven with nitro's eather.... but ive got the car al set-up just a final check on the new servo, and first a warming up with my 19t... and before nitro's i thaught that's pretty fast my 19t but after yesterday i only want 12t mod .... but the car was pretty dialed in with 19t i went past all the 1:8 & 1:10 nitro's because they where al gardening and i was running extremly constant laps times of 22 sec 21 etc. etc. etc.
and then it was time to keep up with the 1:10 nitro's in a fair way...... but i was disapointed the set-up was to weake i think for the power of the 12t grooved, so do you have any suggestions i run rubber on a huge ''holland'' asphalt track . but for the rest it was a very funny and mayba not so successful day but i had a lot of fun.
Here some pics with matching stories :

Offcourse this speaks for it self my cyclone (a little smal )

What happens when a cyclone chrashes into a stationary FK 05 ? well this the FK 05 here above, and it has no damage only a busted up shell but this is wat happend with (my) cyclone

yes a broken steering knuckle (i am getting the alu jet racing ones and i am still thinking about a p-dub bumper is it really that good ?)

Here a ''small'' impression of my track

And BTW : a 1:8 nitro ran into me and pushed of the track onder a fence and i broke my front lower arm... but lucky i had a replacement but my shell is busted op ....... and excuse me for my english.

Greetz Florian from holland