R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Richey Modified Motors
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2002, 08:17 AM
patelladragger
Tech Master

Originally posted by 2Fast4U2
Dennis-
Like I said, I have you to thank for my Engine.
I am just tired of people sitting here and Doggng other Engine modifiers. Mainly Smeltz. I have Smeltz. I like it. He has nothing but good things to say about you. From what I understand is that he has taken one of your engines and Use it as a template. i know for a fact that he is doing his own research now on different mods. That it self should tell you what he thinks of you. I would be flattered if that had happened to me. You prob do understand that. But it seems that no one else does.

This is supposed to be a fun hobby. Sometimes people take it a bit to far. Yes the factory guys are serious- they have to be, to get us racers to buy the coolest and fastest stuff(sometimes).

As far as engines producing engines thing. You quit last year to investigate NTC3 hopups. That is your option as a business owner. Smeltz came in to with Engines to supply the racers after you quit or about that time. I am not sure exactly when.

Pattela - Go buy a JP at a local hobby store. You will pay easy $50, or close to that more then a Smeltz, I can not comment on Richey's prices. For I dont know them. Don't tell me it a money thing. We have JP's on shelf out here I know what they cost.
2fast you need lighten up man. Didn't you get the essence of my post? I said the same thing you're saying. However smeltz has lowered his prices considerably he quoted me at 330 dollars for a sirio mod back when they first came out which is more than a 3 port jp at any store I've seen. His story was "the sirio and pixie are so difficult to mod I have to charge more for them." That didn't sit well with me so I didn't buy it. But my post says that doesn't mean anyone else shouldn't so not sure why you're so adamant that smeltz is being dogged.