R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-3
Thread: Mugen MTX-3
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2006, 07:26 PM
Riketsu
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by edracer1
Scott I think you just sold me on getting the MTX-4. I have the MTX-3 and noticed that several of the -3 guys have gotten the -4 also. And I of course ask what and why they changed. So now I ask you, What and why is the MTX-4 a better car? Or do I have to just wait and run the car myself to find out..lol
It is a better car because the fuel tank was finally moved to the center, which makes the center of gravity even lower and it doesnt throw the car off balance when you steer. The differentials (front and rear) are relatively much smaller than the MTX-3, which provides a less rotating mass and more acceleration. The same goes for the clutch bell. Stock MTX-3 pinions are 21/27 while stock gearing for MTX-4 is 17/23. The brake system also changed and now only uses one disk, instead of two plus the one in the middle. The rear shock tower provides a larger window of tuning due to all of the holes you can change the shock position to. The rear arms are 5.5mm longer which provide better rear traction.