R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Cyrul's Break in Procedures
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 06:24 PM
Riketsu
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I was not as lucky... My TZ only lasted a galon and 3/4 of the second one. Im still trying to come up with reasons of why my conrod broke. The break-in I believe was one of them, probably rushed it in. I did everything on the instructions for break-in but here are some of the problems I encountered:

-Engine was too cold while running the Cyrul Method. With a Raytech Temp gun, it measured about 140-150F.
-When trying to re-fuel the car since the method says "Run the engine full throttle for 3 tanks and shut the engine down.". When trying to refuel while at full throttle the engine leaned itself and the tires began to move. So, each time I had to refuel I let the throttle close, refuel, then full throttle again. 90% of the time I refueled the engine flamed out. I tried to restart it again quickly and if I couldn't I let it cool down for 15 minutes.

Heres some questions I have...

-Should I try to refuel the tank even if the engine leans out when I open the tank?
-Should I close the carb, refuel, then full throttle again?
-What do I do if it flames out?
-Should I change the conrod after the break-in?
-Should I wrap aluminum foil or Serpent Cleaning Gum around the head of the engine to reach an adequate temperature?