R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Talk Me Out Of An XRAY T2
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 04:47 PM
Skruger
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default T2 for-ever

Even Mr BB is not talking much about the FT-TC4
I had and tried 2 FT TC4 and both had serious steering problems unlike my 2 NEW XRAY T2's (I will never own another car again).
this is the best running car I have ever run and I Believe that the TWEEK problem is minor and that ALL double deck cars have some tweak issue

BTW just check out witch cars are winning

The RDX is Very nice and so is the Yok ,But I prefer to have parts available and the XRAY parts are at MY LHS and if not it only takes 2 day to get from Stormer Hobbies<---PLUG

Originally Posted by Charles
Definitely get the TC4!!!!!!!!!! It will not drive as well as the pro4 or t2. Sooo.......I can pass you easier J/K...NOT.

It's a crying shame that the imports are better than the american made products(crying in my beer). The only one that seems to do well with the TC4 is BB. Just think how much more dominant he would be if he ran a T2 or Tamiya 415msx or Cyclone.

You say that most of your buddies drive TC4's...excellent. You will have a better handling car with the T2. Tc4 usually run a spool for best handling and that will cost a lot of parts breakage read $$$$ lost.

Pro /con

Tc4 pro

cheaper, parts everywhere

con
worst handling of the current crop of sedans in non superman hands. The single most important issue is handling for a racer imo. Associated just seems to be the beancounter sedan company.

Pro4 pro
great car handling and speed

con
some parts are priced too high(cvd's)
older design, replaced by cyclone in reality. Parts hard to find.

T2 pro

handles great and is built like a tank and very adjustible

con
parts are outrageously priced, springs ETC.

Tamiya 415msx refine2 pro

Handle great, Tamiya constantly tests AND upgrades THIS car (some are unhappy about what they see as constant upgrades). Marc Rheinhard won worlds and dominates with this car. Most cars are copying thIs cars design.!!!!!!!!!!

con
hard to get parts, some info that I want on internet is in Japanese