R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TT-01 Forum
Thread: TT-01 Forum
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 04:13 AM
koinonas
Tech Adept

Took my TT01 for a bit of practice over the weekend and for my second ever race meet last night. Was amazed how at much difference the new gearing and ball bearing made in terms of speed. Also highlighted how slippery the stock kit tires were as well.

I pulled the covers off after the practice and notice that the 52T spur sat a little loose on the driveshaft which was a little worrying. But a bit of home engineering made it all good again (wrapped paper around the driveshaft which the spur sat on to take up the free play). So far it has held up.

However the rest of the TT01 didn't survive that well. Noticed just before the final that the screws holding the rear diff cover in place were all loose. Did them up, but by the end of the final the diff cover had popped open (loosing one of the screws). Managed to finish the race, but found that the thread in the screw holes had all stripped. I suspect I screwed to hard when checking the gearing, and had a couple of hard knocks/crashes in the race which stripped the threads.

So want to check if anyone else has stripped threads in their TT01 screw holes and what I can do to fix (short of gluing the diff case shut permanently!)