R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - This new kit(any new Kit) put me in the A main Theory.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:01 PM
nf_ekt
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by koabich
I have been in the habbit of rebuilding my cars from the ground up after each day at the track since day one. It started out for no other reason than me being anal but as I got better I found out this is really the only way to make sure that your car is at peak performance at all times. How else do you catch bent hinge pins or aluminum bulkheads, cracked plastic parts, worn bearings, etc?

This way it is not the car's fault that I am slow

I actually cannot understand why racers do not rebuild their cars more often. I understand that time does not always permit this but you got to be able to rebuild after each couple of days on the track!

We spend countless $$ on the latest, greatest, and best equipment. We spend countless hours at the track practicing. We spend countless $$ on the best set-up equipment. After all this you will still see people out there running with bent hinge pins, worn belts, gritty diffs, sloppy bearings, tweaked chassis, terrible shocks...etc.

I don't get it??
I agree with all of this... plus there is a certain amount of "karma" that goes along with it all. Every race is alot but every couple of days at the track you gotta put a few hours into a good rebuild. Even if the car did'nt need it, it gives you a certain amount of confidence about what your running. (For example) Re-building shocks is the least fun way I could think to spend my time but if you don't keep them in good order there is no set-up that will get your car to handle correctly, ever.