R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - the WORST crash you ever had...
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 01:45 PM
dunk
Tech Apprentice

Default Firebird Comander II

Hello all. Not exactly funny at the time. Last August we bought our son a plane for his birthday. (A P51) At the time it was much to much for him or I to fly. After 2 weeks and many crashes we decided to purchase a true beginner (not listening to our hobby store this time). We purchased a firebird comander II. Got it home put it together, charged the battery, watched the video, read the manual, and did everything we were instructed to. We went out at about 8 p.m. with light to no wind but very warm out. My son launched the plane, I was at the controls. The plane flew smooth and straight it went about a block and a half to the south, made a turn to the east went about 200 yards another turn to the north. Again flew about a block and a half to the north. I made a turn to the west. Went to turn back to the south and that's when the control of the plane left. All that we can figure is it caught a jet stream of some sort. I tried to turn left, right, nothing. I cut the motor figuring it would lose altitude. When it left sight we were all running towards home to get the pickup. We looked for many hours over the next 2 weeks. We printed flyers, ads in the local lost & found to no luck. The only good thing is were ready to try it again if the wind ever quits blowing here.