R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF415
Thread: Tamiya TRF415
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 08:03 AM
Martin Crisp
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TryHard
Bar the steering system used at the TITC race.
From the pictures though, it looks like all the TRF guys are running the TA05 pulleys, along with the new steering.
Also, they look to have pretty wide cars, with the suspension blocks. I noticed Marc was running a front bridge, so either an A or D on the front-rear block (unless it's a new part). Also looks like the cars are setup quite stiff. White springs and a thick roll bar on the front, with yellow and a thinish roll bar on the rear. This is with spools too. I wonder how much the new steering system has affected the setting up of the car, especially on the front. More inital steering could mean they need to stiffen the front slightly
Ed
I wonder if given the cool track temps and very low grip tires they were having probems with the cars being too lose...perhaps that's why the setup was so much towards a push. Also the new steering system appears to provide more ackerman given the angles of the links, which will provide more steering...perhaps another reason for their spring and swaybars setup.