View Single Post
Old 12-11-2002, 09:58 AM
Jarrod Langlois
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: New arms from Dumas!!!

Originally posted by rayhuang
Guys,

At the US Indoor Champs I roomed across the hall from Mike Dumas-who won the Champs in TC mod!!!! he showed me his TC3 with his machined arms, and front spindles and rear hubs. It was literally the most slop free suspension system I have felt. Like NO slop, no play. Mike said that the material he uses (a high end delrin type plastic) is nearly indestructible-so no more stripped out ball stud and shoulder screw holes in front steering knuckles!!! His big points he told me was that the fron spindles have equal throw right and left and have more throw than stock!! but do not alter the geometry like when you put Losi steering blocks on!! And the rear hubs have an additional hole to put the camber link into. The steering and rear hubs work on a Losi too.

Just a FYI for people looking for a stronger suspension system for Tc3, but dont want to run aluminum arms and spindles!!

I ordered a set to try and will have race with them in two weeks. I'll give a long-term test report in a few weeks!!!

Ray
ya i saw those on his car when i was checking it out this past weekend. he told me he designed them but had someone else do the machining. those arms and knuckles look unbelievable! good luck breaking them, they look super stiff. so you can order them ray? if so from where and how much. i would love to get a set. btw dumas broke his r-1 of all things,in the mod sedan main sunday. good thing it didnt happen the week before in cleveland lol.