R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Traction Compounds : Health Risks : what can we do about this?
Old 04-06-2006, 11:20 AM
Martin Crisp
Tech Fanatic

Default ...

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
coz they have a secret ingredient which other company`s could use

Yes I understand that and that is the answer they gave when I asked through a distrubutor about a year ago.

I just got off the phone with the Tracktac company and they have an approach that can get around your point. There is a HMIS (hazardous materials information sheet?) safety rating in the us that rates how toxic these chemical are on a scale of 0 to 4. with 0 being the least toxic. Tracktac does not use any chemicals with a rating greater than 1. So the manufactures could infact advertise that they don't exceed leve 0 or level 1 or whatever as a way to differentiate their product in the market.

I want to try some of the tracktac product but they don't ship directly to Canada due to the complexities of paperwork. If anyone in the buffalo area (perhaps a local track) could order some on mybehalf I could come down and pick it up. The owner even makes a water based version of his product that is not commercially available for a friend of his that does some rc racing.