R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Traction Compounds : Health Risks : what can we do about this?
Old 04-06-2006, 09:36 AM
XMSRacing
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Yea the only thing that stinks is it isn't available in California...LOL
I would love to try their sst formula...Might help in those really nicely preped tracks...and the Orage and grape for those not so well preped tracks for asphalt racing..
Looks promissing...
But lets just say if they aren't allowed to sell in California that there is something in it that is harmfull...LOL
-Shookie <><

As I said above - the stuff works great. I used to race on a tire compound called YDS, which was the hardest compound they made as of last year - now the tire is out of production. But the tire went from what I would described as a set of rocks - to fairly soft. When i would pick the kart up off the rig I used to transport it, you could feel it was stuck to the wood!

The only downside I could see for RC use, is the fact that it take a bit longer to work. The prep phase takes about 2-5 days. The longer, the better. But once prepped, you dont have to prep before every run. (wrapping the tires in saran wrap, also helped IMHO - but thye say it isn't necessary) It does leave a bit of a slim/coating that would need to be wipped off though, otherwise I can't imagine carpet would look to pretty after a few runs! Though I have to admit, I think this stuff would work better on asphalt then carpet... but who knows.