R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - rook looking for tips
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2002, 04:03 PM
eddiethefish
Tech Master

Originally posted by Dan
Start off with a nice set of tires to replace the stock ones. To help in handling, learn the basic adjustments of camber, toe, and caster and how they affect the car. Pick up a set of springs and shock oil range from 40-80. If you have more cash, a high speed steering servo is nice.

Do small changes and record them each time until you find a setup you like. Don't be afraid to ask tips from the pros. And like always, practice, practice, practice.

Don't dump too much money into the SS, if you're really serious about racing, you might want to consider a high end car as your skills improve.
I totally agree with Dan, especially the last part that says, "Don't dump too much money into the SS, if you're really serious about racing, you might want to consider a high end car as your skills improve."

If I were you, I would sell this one right away. Why? Because I once had it and kept it too long. Took me some time to get rid of it, now I have my real racing car, MTX-2. And, you'll learn a lot from it when you have a good car.