R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 08:23 PM
AdrianM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
hello again, I think I must be missing something. Maybe y'all can help. I realize some pinion/spur combos require some tricky modificatiosn to the t-plate and removing the middle screw and such. My new 12L4 has a 100 t spur and I have removed the middle screw for clearance. I can't fit anything bigger than a 27t pinion on the motor and get proper gear mesh. The only thing I can see left to do is to grind away at the t-plate or remove the spacers between the chassis and the t-plate. Are there anyother options if I want to run a 100t spur? I have been recomended to start my stock motor gearing around 100/31-35 depending on tire size.
Before you mount a new t-bar sand a 45 deg angle along the back edge. This will gave you motor clearance.

If you run outdoors the hot setup is 2 screws and a .063" bar. With a beveled rear edge you can fit up to a 96/38.

If you run on carpet bevel the rear edge of your .075" t-bar and mount up your lower pod with 3 screws. Use a dremel tool with a sanding drum to carefully grind away at the alloy center screw nut until it matches the bevel at the rear of the t-bat...its as easy as that. FYI, I do this grinding with the t-car off the car. Just the t-car and lower pod are together. If you try to do this on your car you will have aluminum dust everywhere and thats not good for pivot balls or bearings.