R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Need tips on choosing and breaking in new motors!!!
Old 04-01-2006, 11:09 AM
Grizzbob
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Viat
Grizzbob,
It seems that the clousest to me is the one inside the Hobby Town USA store in Frederick MD (22miles from me) Idon't kmow if you been to that one. It has one long strach along the back wall, one wide turn along the right wall, and all other sorts of turns and short straight peases. On that TCS race one guy (Pall)told me that that track is considered just bearly as long one.
Here I found some photos about that track and the tcs race www.rcclubmd.com

What would you guys say about P2K2 motor?
Cool looking track(I wish it were within driving distance for me, but I live in Oklahomaso that's a bit far for me, my closest are Memphis which I've done, or Miulwaukee which I like but can't do often), & yes, the P2K2 would be acceptable, but I'd still say from what I saw that the Monster or Co27 would be best. That track looks to me to be very similar in size to Trackside in Milwaukee, & I know for sure that the motors to use there are the Monster or the Co27(at least I think the Co27 will work, I've tried it on smaller tracks & absolutely LOVE it, & it can be set up to rev like a Monster, which a P2K2 can't do). Really, if you can get ahold of a couple of good Co27's, I'd go for that, but if they're scarce where you are, then a good Monster would do(I think you will need the high-rpm power for the long straight & sweepers you have). I say go for the Co27, I think you'll be pleased....