R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - X-ray nation switching to the Corally commune?
Old 03-26-2006, 07:03 AM
Superfly1967
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Glowster21
I made the Corally decision at last years Carpet Nats. Was still up in the air when I went to watch and it was just before the FK05 went public. the Corally drivers made time to talk to me and show me different things on their cars. They even took a local kid who was 12 under their wing to help him with the setup. At the same time, the Xray drivers were relatively unapproachable. Granted, the FK05 was still "under wraps" by the mod drivers. For me, it was local parts support and seeing first hand the quality of the team drivers. Cuffs, Tosolini, and the other drivers there made it very easy to ask questions and they had solid answers. I now have 2 RDX's and wouldn't trade them for anything. Race what you like and are comfortable with and you will be a better racer as you won't always be second guessing your decision and fighting with setups! Just my 2 cents....
I have both cars and all I can say is they are both great cars. Never made it to any big races, but there was a race 3-10-06 in Billings that had Blackstock and a sponsored Associated driver. Xray drivers not being approachable is not what I saw at the Billings race. Not only did Blackstock give me advise, he took my car for about 40 minutes and proceeded to set the whole thing up pretty much duplicating his setup. The man is truly what sponsored drivers should be all about. I have never been to other races with big factory drivers, but I would bet it is the same at every camp unless perhaps they had a proto type car there.