R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI racing.com's forum is back?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2002, 11:03 PM
reflekt
Tech Regular

Originally posted by futureal
As Frank (or whoever, just assuming it was him) posted after their forum shut down, their new system is meant as only a Q&A support system for HPI products.

You probably noticed that on their old forum, at least 25% of the posts were complaints and 50% of the posts had nothing to do with HPI at all. It's not at all a surprise that they would shut it down and replace it with something more useful to their customers.
i agree with that. but i also think (especially as a person who experienced what the "old" hpi forum was like) that the old hpi forum brought together all types of R/C'ers. From ppl who race, the old TC3's, to Pro 2's 3's, to the new Evo2's, the TRF414M's, and so on. what their new system does now, is narrow down the huge gathering of knowledge/opinions/comments to just ppl who run HPI's? Plus, they DID have "Q&A" forums. as well as newbie r/c forums. so then i dont kno whats up? i think a site like this (rctech), with a collection of forums like this is the BEST. It creates a large Community. HPI's old forum still wasn't as varied (it didnt allow selling either, in ANY form/way) as rctech's, but at least it was broad to an extent. You could get HELP from everyone. but then again, i'm sure it wasn't HPI's goal to get their "old" forum to be like it had. but hey, if it aint broke, dont fix it. i guess complaints were there, but i never noticed them? anyway, go rctech! peaches.