R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 08:44 PM
Jon Kerr
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aus jd 2703
yeh the local pro at my track heavy (he's on once and awhile) said i spool is faster but also said you break more parts when u crash (which i do a lot as im new) so im a bit worried if a bought a spool should i upgrade my front drive shafts?? im running kit plastic ones also are the aluminium rear hubs any good they seem like a good idea as the take aways some toe? just trying tu under stand the car.

also does any one lock the front diff??
also do u remove the diff rings and thrust race or just the diff balls??
does any one run ceramic diff balls??
You will need to replace the front CVD's with metal ones. At least with the steel CVD's. You don't really need to drop the cash on the expensive Worlds ones. You'll also need to stock up on the blades but those are cheap. The problem is that if you don't go to a spool, your car will never handle quite right, so you will probably continue to struggle and hit things. You need a good handling car to become a better driver. And a spool is essentially a locked diff. before companies had solid alloy one piece spools like we do now, guys would just remove the diff balls and glue sand paper or thin cardboard like the cards that are stapled to parts bags to the diff rings and assemble the diff like that and tighten it down all the way.

The alloy rear hubs are a good tuning option. I always liked to run them on the Mi2. We normally ran them with the 0º inserts in them with the alloy pivot blocks and that gave us the 2º rear toe that we usually run on asphalt. They also change the rear camber link geometry.