R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - co27t been to BRCA
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2006, 02:44 AM
TRF415boy
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
Okay doeky
where has this got us to resolving the shortage of legal motors for racers & shops in the uk ??
A) no where really

it`s a one sided fight really ,no one coming on here from BRCA board
lot of it is just hear say from us user`s ,

lot of us don`t have the basic understanding of what is required for 27t motors
but then we could learn from it if BRCA board came on & enlighten us or
re educate us in our thinking towards it (in English Language of course)

so from today i`m not going to complain anymore about BRCA or the `Hobby` it self (in public)

i be gone for about a year after this look after your self`s have a good one

mike
i will apoligise in person to you @ w/london for the argument we had last year

And sorry to the opposing teams for upsetting them past & recently in silly comments i made
Well we didn't go very far, but we got the BRCA to know that we're worried about what's happening. It might not be much but it's something. As for Mike's comment on "that other forum" (to copy his expression, sorry if i'm plagiating), may I say that I probably know a bit more than he think about motors, and I have fully read the rules.

Fact is, we asked to get informed on the reason for the CO27 not passing, and we were politely told that it's not our problem. My understanding is that, as the CO27 has passed ROAR approval (which is carried on by an external lab), that means it complies to ROAR Rules. Now the new wording that was introduced in the winter were supposed not to change the meaning whilst clearing grey areas (otherwise that change of wording would be illegal, if i understood well). SO, how come a motor that's passed ROAR approval would not pass the same process at BRCA if both rules have the same meaning ?

THIS, my friends, is the real issue at hand, because it means that manufacturers can make motors to ROAR rules that would not comply with BRCA rules.

Last thing, I'm not very much fussed about the CO27 itself, since I'm racing 19T this season and will probably never race 27T. However the same rule changes have been applied to 19T rules and I am worried about the fact that the new motors coming up (checkpoint and KD19 for instance) might not pass homologation for the same reasons than the CO27.

Oh, I believe this was proper English Language with only a few grammatical or orthographical mistakes, but bear with me (don't worry, it's a teddy bear ) I'm learning the language.

Colin : what are you talking about you'll be gone for about a year ? You haven't made your anouncement on the C-S Racing thread yet

Fabien