R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2006, 12:07 PM
Jam-ehz
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Or, if you tighten them too much like I did, you'll end up with 2 melted HP diffs 2 melted pulleys, many lost diff balls, and a couple bearings encased inside each diff like a surprise.. the rings were fine, though, just sanded them down a bit..

I was leading my B-main race by a lap, and things just started to slow down.. I figured my battery dumped or something, but when it passed me I could hear the motor going full out no problems.. it just slowed to a crawl, and you could see all of the melted plastic deformed around the diff cups and pulleys.. ugh..

Do ceramic diff balls reduce heat produced from this? Either way I tightened it way too much.. Thankfully the thrust bearings and screws are fine.

Originally Posted by rayhuang
Your diffs are too loose. TO test:

Hold one rear wheel and the spur at the same time. Try to spin the other wheel. It shold be hard to spin, but not locked up.

NOw do the same with the front wheels. It should be just as tight or slightly tighter than the rear.

WHile on the track, if you hit the throttle full from a stop-car should shoot away silently. if you hear a squaking sound, your diffs are still too loose.

Dont drive on loose diffs, you'll ruin them straight away and need to replace the rings and balls.