R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2006, 08:20 AM
elvo
Tech Adept

You do have a point, but I feel that with the mass centralized, the car can change direction more efficiently, period.
More efficiently can mean faster, which can be too fast, but that indicates you have another problem... ... either you're getting old, or you need some roll damping

BTW: the rug burn doesn't go full out on reducing polar moment of inertia; the battery is still 'sideways'. (Unlike the Ascari and that other car mentioned a page or so back)

Glad you like the car though.

Originally Posted by AdrianM
You can go to farr in centering mass. On our Cat 3000 4wd buggy we found moving out the saddle pack batteries 5mm per side made the car a lot smoother over bumps and more planted in parts of the track where there were quick direction changes...like chicanes.

In a real race car you sit in the car. This lets you feel what its doing and give you the ability to control a fast reacting car.

R/C cars need to be more stable. If you car reacts too fast you wont be able to turn consistant laps.

Anyone can get their 1/12th saddle pack car no matter how wide it is to be too reactive and change direction too fast so this centralization of mass talk looks good on paper but in reality its not essential.

I am getting a Rug Burn because it is diffrent, it looks really cool and I want to see if I can get it to be fast on asphalt. I don't necessarily buy into its theory.