R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2006, 02:59 PM
AdrianM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarlosG.
I have a question for all the 12th scale gurus. The question is how do you get rear traction on a outdoor asphlat track that has not been run on in a months time. The track i race at has not been raced on for almost over a month and the dust has settled on it real good. the only time it gets cleaned is on race days. I have put the the black springs from Asc. and whites on the rear. It is real loose coming out of the corners or turns, and pushes in the sweeper. I was just curious how you all would go about getting traction with these conditions.
Ray is right. The track owner need to do some prep work on the track. Blow it off and use a garden sprayer to mist the racing surface with sugar water or grape soda. Contrary to popular belief this is done to keep the dust down not make the track sticky.

Once this is done you will want to run pink rear tires with purple fronts. Use Paragon GFX on the full rear tires and the inner quarter of the fronts. Let this soak in for 15 min. After 15 min cover the rear tires and the inner 1/4 of the fronts in a layer of SPF 45 suntan lotion and let it soak in until it turns clear. The paragon softens the tires and the suntan lotion makes it not pick up dust...trust me...it works.

Other than that just run the basics. .020" front springs, .063" t-bar using 2 pod screws, 30wt and olive center spring...it will work as long as the track it prepped.

FYI, if the track is not prepped even the sedan guys will have a miserable time.