R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Titanium Racing from UK
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2006, 03:51 PM
MattW
Tech Master

Just speaking purely about the products:

It's fair to say that a few years ago some of the "titanium" driveshafts weren't so good. I had a few pairs and it depended when they were made. I have some from back then that are still in one of my cars, and a couple of pairs in my pitbox that are still perfectly useable. However, at similar time i also killed a set in a meeting.

However, that was then, this is now. I got a set of the early prototype "worlds" driveshafts. They were all anodised Red for the 04 Florida worlds. That set is still quite happily sitting in my old Mi2. Still fine, no pin issues. I am still using the origional pair of pin holes - haven't needed to go to the 2nd pair, also still on origional pins and couplings. I did break a couple of Axles after hard crashes when running mod with a spool. However, this was something that they had already found out about, and the axles had already been changed. Replaced them with the revised parts and all well.

Now have a new set in my new EC. Car has only done a few meetings, but so far no issues at all.