R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Much-More cell master v1
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2006, 07:11 PM
Ryan Lee
Tech Regular

I charge my IB4200 at 6.0A linear and 6mV delta peak.
I dishcarge my pack by zero-v mode on CTX-D before charge as Nexus recommended few page before. I think this way of discharging helps putting more capacity(200mAh+ ) to my batteries!

It's winter here in Korea now, so I warm up my batteries before charging.
I made my own battery warmers that can store 3packs.
It is connected to Tire cooker of CTX-W. Maybe you guys could use your bar type tire wamers as battery warmers.

Then I move my battery pack to Warming Tray. (set 30~40deg.C on Cell master), then start charge.

My target temperatue when the charge terminated by peak cut, is 50~52deg.C.

You may feel some lack of power from new 4200 cells. But after 3-4 runs, power gets higher !

Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
IB3800 setups should be able to be used on IB4200 packs, but they may or may not give the best performance. I can say that the going trend has been to "widen" the current setups when higher capacity cells become available, so it may be advisable to set the stopping point of the first step to a higher mah, and adjust the other steps accordingly.

We just haven't tested or gotten any feedback on IB4200 setups yet, so we have not been able to list any on the site.

You probably can't go wrong with a linear charge on the IB4200. These cells apparantly have so much power AND run-time already. When it gets to the point where you have 200+ seconds of run-time left on a pack after a race, a CTX setup may not be giving you anything.

Perhaps Ryan Lee can give some insight on how he is charging his MMR IB4200 batteries .