R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Corally RDX Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2006, 06:47 PM
Jeff Brown
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
well, i can say i am now a Corally addict - i was finally able to get some good track time in yesterday to play with a little setup - and all i can say is WOW!!! - this thing is great - super smooth, easy to handle and I didn't break!!!

the "fast guys" at our track are running 10.5's-10.9 sec laps and my second time out with this car - i was running consistent 10.8's - and i haven't even got the setup down.

i still need some more off power steering though - we have a couple of hair pin turns that i die as i am entering the corner, i am great coming out of it, but coming into the corner it doesn't roll as much as i would like. i will have to look at my setup to tell ya'll exactly what i am running, but basically it is dayger's setup with couple of tweeks.

anywho....i love the RDX....thanks for all the help guys....

marc
Decrease the rear up travel. I found at the Birds that the droop was the best tuning option as it effects weight transfer. The RDX is a little nose heavy compared to other cars so you do not want the rear to lift as much since the weight is already on the front end.

I ended up with 1mm of up travel in the front and 1.5mm in the rear. You could increase the front droop to let it roll more if need. I have run more up travel in the front compared to the rear on setups sometimes.

Jeff