R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXX-S
Thread: Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2002, 04:48 PM
Cain
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Hey All, Finished another round of racing today.

I placed first in the B main with some clean driving. My motor is a total dawg and I bought another. It was funny to take it out and spin the comm without the brushes and springs and watch it spin in the can for easily 4 seconds. The new motor I bought it stops as soon as I let go (or close enough!) . Its funny, we can run the older chamelons at our track, and they seem to be a lot better quality wise than the new chameleon 2s. You get good motors more often.

Ok, here is my problem. When running my vehicle I notice that all the other types of cars (X-Rays, TC3s, Hara Editions) are able to turn on a dime easily while my vehicle wants to fight with me to give up traction. I have even gone to the unconvential thing of stiffening up the rear. I currently run an HPI Alpha Romeo body which doesn't give a lot of steering but I think its more than just that. I heard that the new offset hubs and arms will let you turn on a dime, is this true? Is there anything I can do right now to setup my car to get this effect in it currently?

Here is my current setup (I know, its odd)

1) stock pistons all around. 80 weight front 30 weight rear
2) Black springs rear, purple springs front
3) rear shocks on outer hole in shock tower, inner hole on arm
4) front shocks on outer hole
5) 0 degree all around
6) camber links 1 hole smaller on the rear (don't remember the exact position)
7) Plaids up front, purples in the rear
8) HPI Alpha Romeo Body

I am considering getting the PRP Shock towers and the new rear end components. Should I get the low roll center parts? will this allow me to transition better in the turns? If I can get this corrected I think I can make the A main as my driving is able, just need to get the car set so it turns faster. The new motor should give me the right amount of torque.

Thanks,

Cain