R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Signs that you are addicted to onroad R/C cars
Old 03-07-2006, 12:46 PM
DaveW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You know you got it bad when you are supposed to move into your new house with your wife and kids, but it is the same weekend as offroad regionals two states away... your wife is out of town for work and will be arriving at the airport the day of the move... which is the day before the race. The guys are ready to go down and get there a day early for practice, or just to hang out and goof off... but you cant go yet... you have to be responsible.

I on the otherhand, got the kids stuff together, took them to the inlaws for the night, told the inlaws to pick up my wife at the airport, and told them they were going to help her move everything from one house to the other while i got on the road, on time, and to the event... a day early. Why would i want to pick her up from the airport? Did i have anything of value to move that wasnt present with me at the race? No. So i could trust the inlaws to move everything without a hitch! My words to her on the phone were, "I have faith in you, you got this... right? Uh huh... yeah ok... ok... you too."

>click<

Man i hated that woman...

...but i LOVE R/C.

When i got home four days later, the house was neat and organized... and she had an attitude... as if that was different than any other day.