R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW XRAY T2
Thread: NEW XRAY T2
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 10:04 AM
DaveW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah. .75 is a substantial amount of change. I know it could be easy to dial yourself "out" to have them in so many amounts, but i would like to see them in .15-.20 increments. Its a piece of plastic, how much could it be to actually make them as a tuning option? Maybe an aluminum piece with eccentric plastic inserts (bushings) that could be flipped up and down for the same change +/- above 0. Like -15 could be +15, -30 could be +30, and so on. It could really be helpful to find just the right amount of roll F/R as tire size changes (say -15 for 57mm tires and -30 for 56mm tires to maintain static roll/camber change in relation to tire size), and caster/anti-dive up front w/o having to own 5 sets of aluminum caster blocks... and selling your firstborn to do so. As easy as it is to swap those parts on the T2, i think it would be a sweet idea, and one that could really open up the tunability of this car. It could actually save the average racer some bucks on tires, keeping them from having to chew them down to a workable size from week to week. My second suggestion would be to ditch the eccentric mount on the tower (as cool of an idea as it is), and extend the aluminum tower mount sides to accomodate vertical "ballstud" adjustments, just like on the outer hubs. There is plenty of room here to do so, and there would be less chance of breaking a shock tower in this location. .5 mm increments or less would do a world of good here on the car, the current adjustments are very big, and almost out of compensation with outer hub adjustments (w/o running the risk of hitting the rim with the screw) and lower roll center adjustments. With the way the car is designed now, it could be hard to get a specific tire size to work with a given amount of traction, and achieve proper rollout w/o having to make a "well this will have to do" decision. Dunno, just my opinions.