R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Rc10ntc3
Thread: Rc10ntc3
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2002, 04:54 AM
Corse-R
Tech Elite

Default Re: Sirio 12Trp

Originally posted by speedy100
Have you broken in the sirio 0.12 ? How is the performance comparing with JP or RB and stock Nova rossi ? let me know...thanks
I've finally broken-in the Sirio and outperforms RB (Model 210, have the model 215 for break-in and testing). Compared with the JP12 is very simmilar, maybe a slightly less powerful, but my laptimes are only 0.02 slower compared with the JP.

Carburation is very responsive to the adjustments, with their price is a breeze using it. Power can go upwards with a little of porting, but at this moment I don't feel the need to.

Since the last time I used the JP I ported the manifold and cut a little more, maybe in the same conditions, JP now is slightly faster, but I'll stick with the Sirio and keep the JP for 'when the times are tough'.

I don't know, but almost all the engines like the 21/27 combination. AE sticks to being very conservative when advising for ratios. Only needed to use the 20/26 one time and few times I used 21/26 with the RB (very strange motor, needs 'some help' for scream on the backstraights, expecting the 215 model is better than the 210).

Last edited by Corse-R; 11-30-2002 at 05:00 AM.