R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ofna Cd-3
Thread: Ofna Cd-3
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2006, 12:36 PM
spenzalii
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by au_Nightmare
I would of got the alloy arm holders way before the towers, unless someone can tell me what great gain the towers would give me . I think ive broken two towers in ?3 years and both times from memory was when I was being stupid with body off and both included a mistake and airtime.

Steering rack is nice but alloy arm holders with alloy sway holders would be one of my 1st selections. mine rack is full alloy (removed the plastic servo saver, replaced with alloy bit I made up and use a tamiya one) I went 1 year without a problem then broke two savers in one meeting at a track with a certian concrete barrier I loved to kiss when coming on the straight too fast..

1. Yes as above post. I've completed a 1 hr enduro with somethig like 200mah left.
2. Tool is not nessary but its great - makes gear changes much easier. Before that I just used multigrips and a leather glove
3. I found the Monoblock makes gear meshing heaps easier but if you take care when you first fit your engine to get it square on the normal mounts there should be no real difference I guess. It does apparanlty sink more heat away from crank case to the chassis.

Re: engines, the D3R is doing me fine
The arm holders I can pillage from the LD3, if needed, so they weren't an emergency buy (still will get another set, though). I can't remember breaking a set of shock towers before, come to think about it, but the graphite one has a few more mounting holes and just looks cool! I have a alloy rack on the LD3 as well, and will probably order one for the CD3 (must remember thread lock. I didn't when I first got it and it vibrated loose during qualifiers). I really didn't have much problem with the original mounts, so the monoblock may be on the back burner.