R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS
Thread: Team Losi JRXS
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 06:48 PM
FBJ's RDX
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Yokomo 039F's seem to be the fastest, but may lack traction from time to time. I normally run Tamiya wheels now, great steering, but if you need a little more traction, Yokomo precision dish is the way to go.
Hi Randy, thanks for the tip. The reason why I asked about the insert is because an indoor asphalt track in my area just opened and the asphalt is very smooth. I ran my Losi last saturday and my car would push horribly on-power after 3 laps. I think I am having tire insert selection issues. The tires we always use are Sorex 36R, rims used where speedmind dish and for the inserts, I used a speedmind medium standard profile (more full, no airgap). Since the asphalt is so smooth, my tires would still be shiny after 2 packs of batts. What sort of insert should I use for this kind of track? Should I go for the ones that has maximum airgap with very stiff rims like tamiya and much more? Btw, how is the rear motor JRXS compared to the front motor? Is it going to be released soon? Thank you for your help.

Sonny