R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-4
Thread: Mugen MTX-4
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 01:06 AM
chookgb
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by prg
yes i am aware of that problem and can confirm that the screws with correct washers are seating correctly. the screws and washers have also been replaced. during the pre worlds i replaced the mounts as one of the attempts to rectify the prob. had help from other mugen drivers and was able to have it work for a 10 min heat then a 20 min final.. during the next 20 min final it stripped.... i can assure you the engine was very tight..
i am having gear stripping problems as well as a mate of mine so you are not alone,like you i have checked and tried all the things i could think of as well as all the info from this thread none of which have worked, i have tried the mesh tight and loose with no success, i raced the mtx-3 for 2 years with .8 gears and never stripped a single gear i only changed the gears when they became sharp, so the problem i feel is in the chassis flexing when travelling over bumps, curbs or on impacts even with alloy side and lower braces i am still stripping gears so i am hoping a 4mm chassis when it is released will fix the problem