R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2006, 10:38 AM
tamiyarcracer
Tech Master

Originally Posted by izzyracer
Tamiya is Tamiya... as far as I am concerned, and Fred does not get upset over us buying in Japan, he understands the changing market. He voices out his issues to the top and they are aware with what is going on. I highly doubt he takes things personally, You can call it Gray market Blue Market or Whatever Market it is, but the fact remains that we spend thousands a year in this hobby and we do our best to get as much as we can for what we pay for. I should not made feel guilty for buying through RC Champ. The bottom line is there prices are cheaper even with shipping and we get it sooner and the service is fast.

I think Fred would appreciate it if we give him a heads up on the situation, maybe he can do something about it and make a call to Tamiya and take care of the issue right away.
Izzy I agree and disagree.
here is why I say that.
we are consumers. and we have budjets. I understand the buy more with what you got, and get it first.
But if none of us race TCS in the states. There needs to be no money to pay for it. The big picture is this. The profits from Tamiyausa does go into the same pocket as Tamiya Japan. (that is if there are profits from RC sales) but none the less TCS in the US needs to pay for it's self from the sales in the US market.
And why should the money I spend on tamiya parts from US distributors that get ALL thier tamiya parts from TamiyaUSA. Why should I pay for a person (that buys all his tamiya parts from japan) go to japan to race worlds? Tamiya Japan doesn't foot the bill for a person to go to Japan. Tamiya USA does.

As for that Fred doesn't take it personally. I bet he does. His job depends on YOUR purchases. If you ask I bet he says he doesn't, but he is a racer, and the TCS guys are his racers, almost family. (like TAOB is family)

Don't get me wrong either. I do buy from Japan. But I also have a vested intrest in our track, so I will buy almost everything I can from the track, and I will get stuff from Japan that is really hard to find in the US. like the Ferrari F40, Mazada 787B, group C bodies & parts, Toyota Supra ESSO bodies, B tires with wheels, or Kawada, or Tobee craft, or Square, and or Atlas items.
Sorry for the soap box. But WE all need to do a better job of supporting the US market, And the hobby shops at the tracks we race at.