R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 01:17 PM
bubbles
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by anthony390
wouldnt you have to have the car perfectly balanced in order to do that (wieght balance to the 4 wheels)...because if it wernt then the car would sag more on that side with more wieght
If you're using the same preload spacers on left and right shocks, then yes. But a tweak station should solve the problem.

Setting the ride height with the droop screws shouldn't be done. I mean, even when I drift with a TC3, I back out the droop screws so it's like they're not there. When you use the droop screws to set ride height, you're putting an instant preload on the spring, thus making it stiffer right off the bat.

I try to explain droop such as a "one-way sway bar." The arms can go up at different times with no effect, but they're stopped at a certin level going down, making them the same and flattening the car out. (As the weight transfers to the outside tire, the inside tire would be pushed down to the ground by the spring and shock dampening. But because the droop screws prevent that from happening, the car stays more flat through the corner because the arm can't be pushed down by the spring.)

^^^I hope it's understandable... =/