R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tire problems
Thread: Tire problems
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2002, 08:13 PM
InitialD
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by speedoo
Thanks guys for your quick reply. I will go with the higher 42 to 45 compound. The problem is not with the tire size as much as chiping off on the outer edges on the rear tires. The track is kind of like a parking lot asphalt surface. The problem is that when they made the track they put sand as a base first so fter a rain the sand comes to the surfce and we then have to sweep it down. We then add sugar water for better traction.
Side wall of the tires chipping out? I think you run the tires too thick. Stock foams are around 66 mm. To make the tires last lnger in order to avoid side flexing of the foams and chipping off, you need to true the tires down to 60 or 62 mm.

If you want to try rubber tires, then I suggest to go with 36R or 40R Sorex belted tires. Use a harder insert according to your taste. This is what we generally use here for a hot and humid climate country. They las the mongest and provides the best available traction. But then I must warn you that you will not have as much grip as what you can find on foams...