R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2006, 07:09 PM
AMGRacer
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
True. That case I'll sell it and get the N12. I'm going to break it in on the 30%, though wondering how will that effect the breakin in needle settings...or should I break it in with the OD 20% then later switch to the byrons 30%?
I guess it depends on how much your motor means to you. You can baby them with low nitro and nice easy breakins and such, this seems to work nicely. Me, I just hammer on them from the get go. I use my race fuel for breakin, 16% nitro and 8% oil, run 1 tank static with 2 shutdowns/cooldowns. Then I get it on the track and hammer on for 2-3 tanks, tune it to race tune over the course of these tanks and then smash it until it dies. Funnily enough I have only ever blown 1 motor in 5 years, and only killed compression on around 2 motors. Most get retired for the latest model before they quit. These things are made to get flogged, and also made to wear out, so I just deal with that and move on

I usually run 3 motors on a rotation basis, and just log hours used for each motor. I currently am rotating a NS12 BRB, N12LL3 and Sirio EVO 2 Collari. My record for fuel usage 36 litres thru a RB X12 with it still running flawlessly over a 30 minute final. 1 rod change!!!